Monday, August 16, 2010

~ You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try. ~

Folks. I'm disappointed in myself.

I had to use the car today to run billions of errands...this resulted in a really poor diet day. The kids desperately wanted to go to McDonald's for lunch. I loathe McDonald's. But, they were super good today and I haven't taken them to a McDonald's in probably 4 months...so off we went. I had a snack wrap. No fries. I ate a few apple slices that the kids didn't eat. I did okay.

Then dinner came. I was going to cook a nice healthy dinner until I realized that I needed to pick Jason up from work at 5 and by the time we got home and made dinner it would be incredibly late for the kids...and entirely too close to their bedtimes. Jason and the kids wanted Olive Garden. Well, you have to consider two things...healthy options, but also price. A lot of the things that could maybe be "healthy options" are $15-20 a plate. No thank you. Ugh. So, I ended up getting a pasta dish and I feel like a giant pig. I didn't eat the whole bowl of pasta...in fact, both of us had leftovers for Jason to take to work. But, knowing that I probably ate my days worth of calories in one meal is gross. I didn't over eat...one breadstick, a little over half a bowl of pasta, a small plate of salad...but at Olive Garden that adds up quickly...the breadstick and salad alone are 500 calories. The pasta...probably another 700. At least I had 3 16 ounce glasses of water while I was there...so I can at least say I'm getting my water in.

Oh yea, so much running around today I didn't work out. Maybe I can get a quick walk video in when the kids go to bed...I'm such a let down. I completely failed today. Back on the horse tomorrow? Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. you know what??? tomorrow is another day, and in the long scheme of things, today won't matter one bit. I did well last week, I will post a youtube vid on thurs (after I get my roots dyed cuz I look like a crack whore at present).

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could've done a lot worse, so don't beat yourself up over one 'bad' day! Don't lose hope and just get back on track tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kept your eyes on the prize the whole time. there is always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely did not fail! At the worst a tiny bump in the road of this journey you have undertaken. Sami hit in on the head above, saying you kept your eyes on the prize...that is huge in itself. Think of the little victories of the day and celebrate those (ate part of the pasta, a snack wrap, versus all the pasta, two snack wraps, MANY breadsticks...etc.). Tomorrow is another day to start fresh!! :-)

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should NOT feel disappointed in yourself at all, friend!! You COULD have gotten a big ol' quarter pounder with cheese, super sized fries and a huge soda at McDonald's...but you didn't. You could have eaten the entire basket of breadsticks and ordered the never ending pasta bowl at Olive Garden...but you didn't! You're conscious of your eating decisions at all times and that in itself is a huge thing to be proud of. Indulging in food once in a while is not a bad thing. You didn't go overboard and you didn't veer too far off of your plan. So just chalk it up to your one "cheat" day for the week and keep on truckin'! :-)

    ReplyDelete