Tuesday, August 17, 2010

~ If I can't have too many truffles I'll do without. ~

So far, I have made the right choices today. Instead of having a binge or a starvation day...I tried to just breathe. I had a Special K Protein Bar for breakfast. Probably not the greatest choice, I realize, but I wanted to at least eat SOMETHING and this morning I just wasn't all that hungry. In fact, I was nauseated from making myself upset.

I decided to take an hour to clear my head. I went and ran some errands and then went to the grocery store to get the usual, milk, bread, bananas, and to pick up something for lunch. When my husband works closing shifts, we try to make lunchtime a sit down family meal if we can. So, I picked up one of those "Eat Right" meals from the freezer aisle at Safeway. We ended up having a low cal high protein chicken fajita on multi grain tortilla. And instead of buying the whole bakery in my moment of self loathing and woes, I got a box of my favorite 100 calorie packs. They are little mint chocolate petit cookies....they are like heaven. So, I had those and I then took a one mile walk with Leslie Sansone.

I can't say my mood is any better than it was this morning...but I have made it beyond the craving for giant pastries. I'm patting myself on the back, because the donuts looked especially tasty today and there was a cherry cheese danish saying, "Hey, you there, over here. I can help you with that bad mood. C'mon buy yourself something pretty...I'm pretty." Evil danish. You stay in your case and get stale.

Now, what's for dinner? I don't know...I need to raid the freezer right now. We might even have breakfast for dinner...the kids love when we have scrambled eggs or pancakes at the wrong time of day. They think it's hilarious. Like we're living in an upside down universe. Little do they know, that just makes it right side up.

No comments:

Post a Comment