Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

It's not working. I'm not getting any smaller. I have been dieting and working out for two weeks and I actually think it is possible that my body got larger.

I am incredibly frustrated and uncomfortable. I don't have much else to say other than that today. I'm sore from working out and I'm cranky from not eating all the time. And yet, I feel no more fit than when I started, I don't feel happy, I don't feel sexy, and to be frank my stomach looks swollen today. 

I know, it's only been two weeks...but in two weeks I feel as if I should notice some sort of difference? If nothing else, I should have more energy or should be fitting clothes a little bit better. But, I'm telling you...I'm going to get on that scale tomorrow and it's going to say just what it did when I started. What the heck?

I'm going to have to start calorie counting...I hate that. You may as well lock me up in a padded cell...cause it makes me crazy. Why don't they have a show called "The Quarter Sized Loser"? For those of us who don't need to drop at least 100 pounds...I just need to drop 25. And I don't even want $250,000...I mean, I do...but I would accept the prize of losing 25 pounds. Maybe $62,500 wouldn't hurt...it is after all the quarter sized loser.

1 comment:

  1. This is the hard time. When you DON'T feel or think you see a difference. (Last week - during . . . well, you know . . . I actually weighed MORE than when I started and I wanted to cry)

    They (whoever THEY are) say that the healthiest way to lose weight is slowly - 1.5 to 2 lbs a week. It is really hard to keep up the motivation when you aren't seeing big changes quickly.

    Are all behind you. Rooting for you. Believing in you. Even on those days when you don't believe in yourself. That is what a support system does.

    Hugs and sugar-free chocolate kisses!!

    ReplyDelete