Saturday, August 14, 2010

Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Today's workout was very exciting! Wow, I never thought I'd hear myself say that.

I started off with my usual On Demand Roulette. I did the Kendra Booty Extra. Which was super fun and easy. Partially fun because I know Kendra went home after that workout and ate a bag of Cheetos. That's just how I picture her...totally real. She's not downing tofu and wheat germ. Not Kendra.

Then we tried to do some dance videos...but they were all instruction and no movement. So, Meghan said, "Mom we want to do a walk." REALLY?!?! Okay, so I started searching for the Leslie Sansone videos and came across a fitness section for kids and there was a "Family Walk" listed. The best of both worlds, I can walk and my kids can join me if they so choose. So, the video starts and it's Leslie Sansone with people everywhere and children of all ages. Meghan thought that was super cool...kids her own age ready to exercise. Here's what I thought was super cool...I got to watch real people, not models, doing the workout I was doing. And the kicker...they were all wearing black and gold. It just so happens today is the start of football pre-season for the Pittsburgh Steelers...so I thought it was an amazing coincidence...apparently I was wrong. About 3 or 4 minutes in Leslie turns to the girl on her right and says, "Great job Jen!" It was Jennifer Antkowiak from KDKA in Pittsburgh!!! She had brought her whole family. This video was filmed in Pittsburgh. So, therefore the black and gold workout clothes were completely planned. I couldn't be happier. And then I come to find that Leslie Sansone is from New Castle, PA where she lives and owns an exercise studio. Are you kidding me?!?!?! I'm sold. (For those of you that don't know...I was born and raised in Pittsburgh.) Note to Santa: I would like this video for Christmas.

So that was my exciting morning (and did I mention I started working out at 7 am today?? Getting better and it's only day 3) ...I got to exercise with Jennifer Antkowiak and do a booty exercise with Kendra Wilkinson. Did I earn my brownie batter cupcake? Oh and one more thing...HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. When Jennifer Antkowiak left kdka she went to work with Leslie Sansone. Then she had to take care of a relative and wrote a book and finally came back to kdka! Small world. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when stuff like that happens. I get ridiculously geeked out when I see 'Burgh people or things in unexpected places.

    ReplyDelete