Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. ~Dave Barry

Good morning, friends!

Here you are, and here I am....thanks for popping by.

Well, we got a good start to our day today. I sat down and had breakfast with my kids and then we did our morning exercise. I don't know about you, but I find it easier to do it in the morning. Yesterday, I ran errands and ended up waiting til almost 3 or 4 o'clock to workout and it was rough. I was too tired, I think I half assed it. But, this morning, it felt totally different. I had a different motivation that yesterday I must have lost around noon...cause it was just...different. Forced, if you will.

So, I know you're wondering what today's workout was. Because I "have" to share my living room with my kids (they have a playroom, but insist on pulling every toy into the living room anyway) I get about a half hour of workout time and it's usually by Meghan's request. When Meghan says she is going to exercise she says she loves it for exactly 2 minutes and then she sits down and watches me for the remaining 28. What can you do? I let her choose the workouts anyway. Today she wanted to dance. So, I picked a 10 minute hip hop dance video brought to us by the makers of the Crunch series and the show Dance Your Ass Off. It was super fun and I definitely was sweating. They only offer the first 10 minutes, but I liked it, so...note to Santa, I would like you to add Dance Your Ass Off and Crunch to my Christmas list. Or call my husband and tell him to get them for our anniversary, so I can be skinny for Christmas.

Moving on, since the Hip Hop workout was only 10 minutes I wanted to get another workout in. Guess what Princess picked? "Let's do the WALK, Mom!" So, we did 1 mile with Leslie Sansone.

Tomorrow marks one week since I started this diet blog journey...so we will commemorate it by pumping up our workouts to a 10 minute dance or abs video and 2 miles with Leslie!!! Also, I need to find my hand weights so I can work off these bat flaps. You know that moment in the movie The Sweetest Thing where Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate wiggle their underarms in the mirror...yea, I had that exact moment. "What is this? Seriously?" So...week two...tomorrow. Let's hope the scale tells me I'm doing well or I'm going to have to tell that scale to go to Hell.

Now, I am going to plan lunch and then paint my nails...thanks, Loretta.

1 comment:

  1. I did my 2 mile Leslie Sansone a little while ago. Just got out of the shower...and I'm still sweating. I guess that's good...right?? Lol! Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you that I relized the other day when I was working out that I'm starting to "imagine" you doing the workouts with me. I don't know where it came from! But when I was thinking about quitting my work out half way through the other day, I pictured you doing it next to me and that motivated me to keep going. So I hope, in turn, that it motivates you as well. :o) AND I lost a pound this past week! Woo-hoo!! Thanks again for being my motivation. Have a great day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete