Thursday, August 12, 2010

Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing. ~ Walt Kelly

Well, folks, there it is. The truth. 182 pounds. It seems to be where I settle in. I don't really gain much more than that....and I only get about 3 pounds lighter than that before I give up cause I get stuck again. But, that is the last time you or I will ever see that number on my scale again. 

It's not the most I've weighed. When I had my son, I was 226 pounds. I stopped eating red meat, only ate ground turkey and chicken for the most part (I also wound up anemic and found out that I need to heat lean red meat), this is when I started with whole grain pasta and whole wheat bread, and I was walking 4.5 miles 3-4 times a day with my mom. I got down to 168. Then I moved to Tucson. I lost my support system (my husband doesn't really count...he was supportive when I was 226...he loves me unconditionally and that is wonderful), I lost seasons that allowed me to walk the park, and then I got pregnant and really stopped trying. I very quickly gained 10 pounds and lost the baby. I still haven't lost the 10 pounds. I lose 3 and then gain it back, lose 6 and gain it back...then I eat a pound of chocolate and talk myself into believing that being this size is totally fine. And it is fine...but if I wanted fine, I wouldn't be me and I wouldn't be here. I want exceptional. I want to walk into a store and not go to the 14's and hope that they fit or know I have to buy the XL shirt and only in two or three particular styles. I don't want to have to pose for pictures hiding behind my kids or be self conscious about if my chin is up and my tummy is in.

So, game plan. I am promising you and myself that I will make it a point to workout 3-4 times a week. I will either go to my gym at my apartment complex or do a workout that I can find On Demand. Nothing extreme...20-30 minutes a workout. I'm going to try and follow my nutritionists plan...it's a lot of protein, fresh fruits and veggies, and whole grains. I may or may not count calories. I haven't decided. There is a free website that I can use that has helped me before, but the point of this is to do it without feeling like a slave. I'm a mom who is always on the go...I gotta eat what the family eats and they need to eat what I eat. It's going to be a really interesting balance with a two year old and a four year..that is probably the trickiest part of the whole thing...hot dogs and chicken nuggets are not exactly on the menu guys. But, it's not gonna be tofu and bean sprouts all day. Real food, real people, real budget, and real results (I hope).

So, here we are, day one. 25 by Christmas...here we go!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, girl!!!! And you've also inspired me to get back on a regular work out regimen again. I was doing so well for a while and then I took a two day break that turned into about 6 months! Lol! I'm 10 lbs heavier now than I was last summer and last summer was the skinniest I've been since high school. I would love to get back to that point. But at the same time, I also have to remember how far I've come. I was also 227 pounds about 7 years ago and I'm 62 lbs lighter now. So we both need to be proud of how much we've already accomplished and not get ourselves down. So, that being said, I'm on this journey with you. Time to go eat some breakfast and do some walking with Leslie Sansone!! Have a great day, sweetie!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, beautiful lady! Since you're such an amazing dancer, you might like Crunch's Fat Burning Dance Party Workout. It seems super, super easy after the first 5 times, but I lost weight doing it and 4 years later, I still do it just to mix up my workout. Any help I can be, just let me know! Another tip: When you want something yummy, eat something healthy first and then paint your nails. Your tummy will be satisfied and your nails will be too wet to reach for something else! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete