Friday, August 13, 2010

I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing. ~Marsha Doble

Day 2 of a four month journey (after four months what happens? hopefully maintaining). Am I hungry right now? No. I had a good breakfast, snack, and lunch. I have been drinking my water and I did exercise two days in a row. I'm mixing it up cause I have the attention span of a four year old...how do I know this??? I have a four year old and she lets me know when something is boring to her.

Case and point: I love to do the Leslie Sansone Walking videos. They have 1 and 2 mile On Demand and it's easy but you definitely sweat and it's good for my knees. But, I did that for about a week with Meghan in the room and by day 3 she was saying,"Mom. Not this again. We've already seen this one." Oh, I see, it's okay to watch Madagascar 2 three times a day, but a 20 minute workout 3 times a week is boring.

The good side, while I'm working out, she wants to join me. I'm starting her on a good path of not being lazy and staying in shape. My son too. He is 2 and so all he does is march, but at least he tries. (I can't do much working out on the floor though cause he thinks we're going to play horsey...oh dear)Meghan gets frustrated and asks why we have to do these workouts everyday...i tell her she doesn't have to, but if she would like to join me she is welcome to. Also, I told her that mommy is getting in shape so we can go to Disneyland next year and I can walk the whole park...she was immediately down for the exercise challenge.

So, back to the topic at hand...I have to mix up the workouts. Yesterday we "walked a mile" with Leslie Sansone and we did a 10 minute ab workout. Even my husband got involved. My son did his very best to try and sit on my husband's stomach during the workout, but he still got to do some of the crunches. Yesterdays workout was good. Meghan said today she wanted to dance, we met in the middle and did a 10 minute Biggest Loser cardio workout and then I alone did a 10 minute Yoga Abs video. I didn't enjoy either. The host for the Biggest Loser video was Tara...she was one of my least favorites and it was super hard to follow her. As someone who has a background in music and dance I cannot tolerate when people have no rhythm. She had none, so I had to see what she was doing and then close my eyes and not watch her til she said we were changing steps. The yoga abs I won't do again...I have to be moving...I'm not a stay in one place and hold kind of a kid. So, hey, lesson learned. Day one was better than day 2. I might host a dance party with my kids after dinner just to burn some calories and make up for Tara's lack of rhythm and leadership skills. Meghan liked the Black Eyed Peas...I think we'll Pump It for 20 minutes later on. Tomorrow, I have my eye on doing the Kendra workout since hubby won't be home...he scoffed at me when I mentioned it was On Demand and proceeded to tell me why he finds Kendra and Kim Kardashian unattractive. It had nothing to do with their bodies by the way, but he didn't want me to do the workout cause he finds Kendra annoying I guess. Whatever, I think she's funny and I'm going to maybe test out her workout tomorrow.

PS I'm still not crazy about working out...but I am destined to find something that works for me...the real woman, mom, and reality tv couch potato.

So, hurdle two of the day. I am really really tired. How can I combat this? I am taking the vitamins my nutritionist suggested, drinking my water, I cut off caffeine for the most part after breakfast, I get between 6-8 hours of sleep a night...so any ideas from my friends in cyber land?

And note to Santa Claus (or to any of my friends out there that might want to just pretend to be Santa Claus within the next four months): I would like a blender for Christmas. I would like to make these delicious protein shakes that Sarah keeps telling me about...but I have no blender. (and no money...remember the budget? poop.)

Well, the kids miraculously are napping...so I think I will grab a half hour or so...see you soon?

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Cardioke yet? I think it's under the "Most Popular" section in Excercise TV On Demand. It's Billy Blank's (Tae Bo guy) son. It's pretty fun. You're doing cardio, dancing a little bit and singing! Definitely a fun one if you want to break up the monotony :)

    As for being tired...I always find that I sleep like a ROCK on nights where I worked out that day. Your body is probably just adjusting to everything. You should be ok soon.

    Keep up the great work, girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARDIOKE?!?! How did I not know about this...I'm going to go nuts when I find it!!!!

    ReplyDelete