Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~Jason Love

You know what's better than a piece of cheesecake? Having a piece of cheesecake that actually fits into your daily caloric budget. And did I mention it had a girl scout cookie crust? Yea. It was that good.

That cheesecake proved something to me: I can eat things I love and not fall off the wagon. I just have to fit it into my day. This morning I woke up and I was still on the wagon. I had a good breakfast, an even better lunch, some small snacks, a sensible dinner, and a peach for my night time snack once the kids were in bed. I was a bit hungry and that really filled me up. I'm not sure when peaches got as filling as cheeseburgers, but it hit the spot for tonight. I also worked out today. I did a 20 minute circuit training video with Jillian Michaels to break up my walks. That will not be a daily video, but it's nice to change it up a bit.

Also, I'm proud to say I've been drinking well over my 8 glasses of water a day. About two years ago Jason got me this fantastic pink 32 oz cup with a lid and straw. I have used it on and off for the past two years. This past week or two it finally has gotten some serious use. I keep it full all day long and the second it empties, I refill it. I drink at least 3 a day now. I still am not crazy about water, but it's been easier to get myself to drink it lately. I can take that cup all over with me and it doesn't break or spill. It's a giant mommy sippy cup.

I do have one question though. How can I get more fiber into my diet? Along with my calories, fat, protein, and carbs, I have been tracking my fiber. I am getting nowhere near what I need for my daily intake. Everything else has been right in my suggested ranges except for the fiber. Does anyone have any secrets of things with crazy amounts of fiber that I should know about?

2 comments:

  1. Some cereals have a ton of fiber, and are still low cal. And I know they also have those protein bars that may have allot of fiber, but most of those have a pretty high calorie count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom uses metamucil or one of those powdered things. She uses it mostly in dishes served with sauces, but you can even mix it in with hamburgers or meatloaf. It doesn't add a nasty taste or weird texture or anything. I've eaten meals at her house many times and not even realized the stuff had been added.

    ReplyDelete