Friday, August 13, 2010

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. ~Bill Watterson

Well, another night has fallen on me...and my stomach is empty again. But, that, my dear friends, is not my biggest worry tonight....

I have a big "birthday weekend" ahead of me. Tomorrow we have a birthday party to attend...I have already been told there will be brownie batter cupcakes. I'm sorry, I can't pass that up. I can't. My sweet tooth is already turning against me, my mouth is salivating at the mere thought that in less than 24 hours I will be faced with such succulent goodies. And I'm sure it won't just be cupcakes...it's a first birthday party...you know they are going all out. I'm prepared to come home fat. So, how do I eat accordingly during the day, workout accordingly during the day, and live during the day up until the moment when I bite into that tasty calorie factory??? Can I even have a cupcake without gaining 17 pounds and quit on myself again?? What's a girl to do?



Then Sunday, I have a birthday dinner to attend at an Italian restaurant. This won't be terribly difficult. I am going early to have one cocktail with the birthday boy...and I will honestly probably have salad or an open faced sandwich or something. I am not crazy about pasta that isn't whole grain...so while I'm sure it will smell delicious...I can pass on pasta that isn't made in my own kitchen. I can also pass on appetizers...I don't really do fried food that often...oh I love it, but I can feel the grease in my system for about a week after. So, pass. Thanks. It's the after dinner festivities that are going to be tough. We're going to see Eat, Pray, Love. Now, if the enticing aroma of buttered popcorn isn't enough to do me in, a movie where the leading lady eats perfectly plated international delights for 2 straight hours might throw me into a super binge Sunday night when I get home. Lock up the cereal cupboard.

So...here's to Monday?

2 comments: