Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another pound....

I have good news! I lost another pound. It's super slow going this weight loss journey, but I am happy every time I see that number move. So, today I weighed in at 174 lbs. That's 8 pounds since I started. I'm going to call this a success!

I think I am starting to grasp the idea of what is good and bad and how many calories things have. I truly think by Christmas I can at least lose 20 of the 25 pounds I have set out to lose.

In other news, I got a part time job. Working with food. Delicious food. I don't think this will be as much of a challenge as people think. It just so happens as soon as I got hired, I went on the website and researched the nutritional information of everything. So, I pretty much know what I can and cannot have. It's going to be good.

The other good thing about me having a job is that is 10-15 hours a week where I will be busy and not sitting at home getting hungry because I can be. I am busy at home, but there are always times throughout the day where we stop and relax and then I eat. So, this is possibly going to be an aide in my weight loss. Some look at it as a challenge, but I consider it help.

One thing I'm not happy about...I had to get khaki pants for work. Why is it that I can now fit a 12 in denim, but I am still a 14 in khaki???

Stay tuned. Next week I don't intend to a big weight loss, but the following week...look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment