Sunday, September 26, 2010

And, of course, the funniest food of all, kumquats. ~George Carlin

What exactly is fun about fun sized candy?

Sure, it's small and cute. But, you know what happens...I can't say no to it. Losing willpower is absolutely no fun.

Seriously. I can absolutely say no to a big candy bar. Bring me a king sized Snickers bar, and unless I haven't eaten all day or I am in a well of depression, I can find a better choice. I can eat a 100 calorie bag of anything. Or I can eat fruit.

So, what is it about the fun sized candy bars? I can't say no. I stop by the candy dish, think 'it's only one little piece', and start unwrapping the Hershey goodness. Problem. I don't stop at one. I'm certain that throughout the day I eat a king sized candy bar worth of fun sized candy. And then I become 'not so fun sized Amy'.

If you want to live with the grand idea that fun sized candy has no calories...do not follow this link: FUN SIZED CALORIES

This will be my struggle all through the month of October. Especially this upcoming week for female reasons.

Now, don't get me wrong...just because I have been indulging on fun sized candy bars doesn't mean I have fallen completely off the wagon. I'm not going to town on Big Macs and french fries. I just know that this month's weight loss is going to be super iffy.

Good news: I am successfully into my size 12's. I don't have to plie any more to get into them and I can breathe normal to zip them up. So, I know if they start being snug...I've had too much fun sized chocolate to last me a lifetime. Today is football...so no working out, no dance parties...maybe some crunches at the end of the night. I like to do them after the kids go to bed so I don't have to try and crunch with a toddler and a preschooler sitting on me. Tomorrow...cardioke. Today...football and fun sized candy.

1 comment:

  1. Candy has never been my problem. I can walk away from candy without blinking an eye. BREAD on the other hand . . .

    ReplyDelete