Friday, September 3, 2010

Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. ~Edward Stanley

The other day I got a text of mine who told me she is really appreciating this blog. She said there are days when she will read it and think, "Man, okay, if she can do it I can too." She said it's like I'm in her head. So, today I put her in mine.

I went to my gym today. One of the only perks to living in an apartment is that usually there is a gym...ours happens to be very nice and I can go when my husband is home with the kids. So, I took the walk down to the gym today and got on the elliptical. After exactly 57 seconds I was like, "I hate this. I quit." Then I started with the excuses...I'm tired, I can workout in the house later, I'm starting to get a cold I should be napping, etc.

My friend popped into my head and said, "It's ok. You tried." You see, this particular friend does not enjoy confrontation and thinks I look just fine anyway.

"Nope. That's not okay. I gotta do this." So I pushed on. If I CAN'T do it, she CAN'T either! So, I had to prove to both of us that I had something to give.

I did 20 minutes in the gym...not to mention the walk back to my apartment in 107 degree weather. Considering the fact that it just started pouring rain, you know it was humid too. I did elliptical, a little treadmill (I attempted a jog!), and some weights. And I left with the feeling of accomplishment...that's what it's called when you're drenched in sweat, feel like you might puke a little, and have swamp crotch right??

In any case, I did something. Used muscles. Perspired. Earned a really long shower...and hopefully gave someone that, "If she can do it, I can too" feeling. I might even do a 1 mile Leslie Sansone workout tonight after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment