Sunday, September 5, 2010

Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. ~Ovid

I didn't think I could do it...but, tonight I attended a potluck dinner. I only ate what I knew I could document. I walked right up to my friend Maria and told her that I needed to know exactly what I was putting into my body before she ate it and she told me. And I did really good. I stayed away from the potato chips and didn't even eat any cake.It was remarkably easier than I thought.

I didn't exercise today. It was my scheduled day off anyway, but sometimes I like to try and do at least a half of a workout. Although, occasionally it is okay to take a day of "rest:". In any case, I wasn't home that much today.

Yesterday I decided to be slightly unconventional with my workout and instead of doing an official workout, my kids and I turned up the Broadway Musicals and Glee soundtracks and had a living room dance party. My kids can certainly get down.And I was definitely winded, sweating, and ready for lunch once it was over. Not to mention I had just spent about 20 minutes chasing my son like a monster. That was a really good run, I'm sure the neighbors downstairs hate me. (Yes, Nicole and Kelly, I am certain that I am now Clompapotomus!)

Tomorrow, I am attempting a trip to the complex gym again to get on the treadmill. I think this time I'll do the treadmill first and then the Elliptical. I'll last longer if I do it in that order.

I don't have any picnics to tackle for Labor Day....just the gym. But, to you and yours, eat a hot dog and about 12 deviled eggs for me and Happy Labor Day.

1 comment:

  1. Dance Parties with Kidlets definitely qualifies as exercise!

    ReplyDelete