Monday, September 13, 2010

In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired. ~Author Unknown

Day 4 of being sick. Day 4 of not following a workout or diet regimen. Though, I am pretty certain, I haven't gotten even near my calorie allotment for the past few days. I haven't been counting...but I've only had soup, juice, water, and the occasional hot chocolate (I really don't care for hot tea). As I read labels and add in my head I'm not even close to what I should be eating...but I'm not all that hungry and my throat hurts.

I'm not certain what will happen with the scale this week. Frankly, I can't do anything about it.

My inner me is going crazy. Yelling at me to get off the couch. I'm certain that when Jillian Michaels is sick she still does 2 or 3 or 25 hours at the gym.

But, not me. Not today.

I just attempted eating a piece of whole grain toast with a little peanut butter. This is a food I have enjoyed my whole life. Who doesn't love peanut butter toast...unless your horribly allergic to nuts, then not you. I took one bite and all I tasted was cardboard with something that looked like delicious creamy JIF peanut butter.  I ate it so I that I had anything in me at all...but this cold has ruined the flavor of anything.

My fear is that when I'm better and my taste buds are back to normal that I am going to be a binge-a-holic. I think I will probably want to eat an entire fun sized bag of Snickers and a plate of nachos smothered in cheese. I'm going to try to jump back on the wagon with healthy eating and exercise, but after practically starving for 3 or 4 days...I have a feeling I am going to have a horrible first day back to life. Whenever that may be.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. When I've been sick, I've found sometimes it's easier to get the calories and nutrition with protein shakes (even the Special K ones) -- it seems to take less effort. I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete